Monday, July 5, 2010

I mean really...





This is just ridiculous... this whole "dating" or "finding the one" thing. This ever-looming pressure that has grown over the last 2 years from being a hopeful goal for the future to a blatant "what the fuck is wrong with me" feeling. No gray. Just black.

I mean, don't get me wrong... I'm not an irrationally bitter or jaded 20 something who has given up on dating... but I am more perplexed than ever and am beginning to think that with age, I become even more confused about the complexities of guys and what they want.. well actually, what I want. Because as much as I don't want to admit it, guys are simple. I am not.

So much has happened in my (lack of) love life and (intricately loose) sex life in the past year alone that I've decided to keep this blog... almost out of necessity. I'd like to avoid the ridiculousness of my past by keeping tabs on these mistakes, heartbreaks and fantasies in hopes of clearing out the path I'm facing and closing the one behind me... no matter how blatantly apparent its scars may be.

I guess I should introduce myself. I'm 26 years old, born and raised all over L.A. - from Hollywood to Downtown, to Korea Town, to Northridge to Sherman Oaks, to Silverlake to Westwood - a short Jaunt to NY - and now in Hollywood. Yes, I'm actually from L.A. I'd like to give a shout out to all the star-gazing, fame-hungry transplants who have taken over so much of the city I love so dearly and thus contributed to the stereotype of L.A. shallow bastards. I'm attractive enough to get some attention from guys and smart enough to make them turn away after the first conversation. I've been told I have great style, I think i just dress weird. I drink like a fat sailor and sometimes curse like one too. I'm successful beyond my years and love music, art, traveling, laughing and loving...

I'd like to share my very honest stories with other girls like me... and those who aren't...

let's laugh, cry and cringe together, because let's face it... Dating in L.A. is quite the feat. And at this point, I feel like a fucking warrior, never prepared for the battle, but always ready for war.

No comments:

Post a Comment